Documents Required :-
- Passport (copy)
- Detailed inventory (two legible copies)
- Letter from Customer authorizing destination agent to clear shipment
- Visa/Residence Permit
- Letter from local sponsor
Customs Regulations :-
- Used personal effects allowed duty-free importation, provided the customer intends to reside in Qatar for at least 12 months and that the items have no commercial value and are not for re-sale.
- Normal customs clearance takes approximately 5 to 6 working days for sea shipments and 2 to 3 days for air shipments. Customs remain closed on Fridays, except for live animals.
- All prohibited articles detained by customs may be destroyed without consignee’s consent.
Dutiable / Restricted Items:-
- New furniture (Certificate of Origin or invoices required)
- Computer equipment requires a separate clearance procedure
- Weapons, firearms and ammunition (even decorative items of this nature)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Pork products
- Narcotic drugs
- Wireless transmitters and communication equipment
- Pornographic or political material
- Any item made of ivory
- ALL PRINTED MATTER, RECORDS, FILMS, BOOKS, PICTURES, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ETC. SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS) IF CAUGHT WITH ANY OF THESE ITEMS, CUSTOMER WILL BE SUBJECT TO SEVERE PENALTIES AND POSSIBLE JAIL TERM.
Motor Vehicles :-
- Autos must be at least three years old
- Owner of the vehicle must be a resident in Qatar prior to registration of the vehicle
- No customs duty is charged on vehicles being imported for personal use
- Documents required:
- Proof of ownership at origin
- Original Import Manifest
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Policy
- Health Certificate issued by a government approved veterinarian clinic at origin, confirming the animal is good health, and that vaccinations are up to date
- Health Certificate must be dated no earlier than two weeks prior to date of animal’s arrival in Qatar